Sunday, January 8, 2012

Because I can.

I tried the online dating thing for a while about a year ago, and other than a handful of dates it wasn't too successful.  Since then, I've focused on being active in things I love doing, and sticking to that regimen on a continually increasing level in my life.  

Might as well, it's free :)
That said, thought I'd like to capture the dating profile I posted some time ago, and have tweaked and bended numerous times.  Anyway, here ya go...

Hi there! I’m outgoing, funny, attractive (your call really), witty and fit. I’m told my smiles and laughs are contagious. I take care of myself and workout at least 5x per week, I love Hot Yoga, swimming laps, cycling, skiing, MUSIC. My 2 children, 18 & 20, do not live with me.
Her (You) Attractive, spontaneous, passionate, witty, sexy, good with PDOA, puts words to action, loves travel (planned or spur OTM), live music, healthy food, cold beer...okay, so those are a contradiction, but life needs balance, while an occasional imbalance serves to keep things spicy  :), flip flops, sand in her toes as the tide goes out, Saturday afternoons, body rubs, scented candles, bubble baths, unplanned trips, witty and a notorious smart ass, inspired, enjoys the outdoors and getting her hands dirty, doesn't go to bed mad, helps others just because they need it, is easily approachable, outgoing, thoughtful, and curious about understanding people and things, is sensual, pretty and confident without "needing" others to know it. That said, she rocks the no make-up look without stressing. Loves to laugh, can have a few drinks without trying to forget something, appreciates art, talks issues through rather than storming off angry. She appreciates being spoiled by her man, which does not equal being smothered. She is totally trusting and trustworthy. Takes time for her and knows she can give more to US when she feels good. Is comfortable taking charge, but also w/ being led at times, doesn't prioritize petty matters over the things that are most important as a couple. Makes her man feel special with little surprises just because (and it will be SO reciprocated). Isn't craving marriage, but could (maybe one day) with the right person. Basically I want an all-around girl who treats her man like there is nobody more important in her life and who wants to be the most important thing in his.
About him (Me) I change gears in a heartbeat, (lots with music) am very fit, go with the moment, love my few close friends, am structured...but very un-stiff. Friends tell me I’m pretty hilarious. I just retired after 20 years in the Army. That said, my favorite music includes the following and so many more…The Cure, Broken Bells, Thievery Corporation, Bob Marley, 311, Maroon 5, John Mayer, Sublime, Deadmau5, Imogen Heap, Lady GaGa, DJ Tiesto, Bassnectar, Dido, Adele, to name a VERY few and give you a glimpse into that part of me.
My fav “out and about” hangouts lately have been The Oceanfront – Waterman’s, Catch31, Crocs…up near me I like Bennett’s Creek Marina and Riverstone Chophouse.
Anyway...I have pretty much ditched TV and don't miss anything there. I love movies and a few series (Seinfeld is the best ever, but I also dig Dexter, 24, Weeds, and Nip Tuck) . I have always been into fitness and have a BS in Exercise Science...have an extensive background in endurance sports. Love sunrises/sets, photography ~ and am usually one who says "Wait a minute, gotta take a picture". I am content exploring places alone, but it's much better with a friend. Enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Quiet Sunday mornings on the porch, cycling the oceanfront on my cruiser, driving with the top down, a cold one post mowing the yard, the sound of crickets and smell of fresh cut grass on a summer evening, relaxing with music. Love things heartfelt and to surprise a woman with something out of the blue. Valentines’ Day doesn’t mean much because if you need to wait for a special day to celebrate your love...sorry, you obviously aren't very passionate. I love spontaneity and drives to nowhere in particular with the music jammin are more precious than expected. To me first dates...are an interview really. I’ve had some really good ones, and some not so good ones. Attitude is the key.

I have learned a lot in life, but each day am learning how much more I have yet to discover.  The journey alone is special, but I imagine the journey as a pair can be pure magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment