Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quit trying to get somewhere else, you are already there...

     It's probably quite obvious to most, and certainly to me at this point, that most people, myself greatly included in "most", tend to have an ever present desire to get on to what's next, and even the "after next", and so forth.  I certainly do try to make the most of now, but typically find myself, often, thinking about a place that I'm not at, or people I am not around.  Time is quite a haunting reminder that we're all heading towards our own patch of grass somewhere...

     For the most part I spend most of my time alone, totally true, as I am sure many of you do as well.  (whomever You is, because I really don't think too many read this, but that's sorta the point) Quite frankly, I tend to get antsy when cramped in situations for too long.  It's rare that Jeff finds a comfort zone in a situation that I don't want to move on from.  I am down with being down, but people, and their drama and blatant issues become heavy, heavy I tell ya.   Whatever my public persona is, I have no clue, well, not true, I do know what people have told me they think about me and that is that more than a few think "Dude" when Jeff comes to mind.  Have even had women nickname me "Dude"  That's all fine and cool, but I know hundreds of those guys, so I guess I really am no different.  What a relief, no standard to uphold....Phwew!!! Time to move back to California, bleach my hair, grow it long, and spend out the rest of my days smelling like saltwater...

      So, "getting there"... Where is IT, really?  You know what, I laughed today, hard!  That's a good thing.  I didn't cry, that's also a good thing.  I woke up in my own bed, in my own house, and came home to the same place still intact, untouched by criminals, nature, a toilet paper mob, or any of the sort.  I guess that's quite awesome in its' own respect.  I do not desire to get anywhere ((other than the North Shore in Hawaii, and that's my token tap out destination dammit)).  I am definitely not going to drastically change in this life, but I can moderately change, as can we all.  Motivation is key, and that in itself is a curious little bastard.  M-O-T-I-V-A-T-I-O-N....  Starts out with the word More, but cuts off...blurts out the Italian word for YOU, heads my way with a Virginia abbreviation, and then ends it all with TION, greatly hinting at doing... ((action)).  So I take that word this evening as "You need to do more in Virginia"  Okay, I got it... Jeez!  ;)  Motivation is the key to every action, period.  Finding it is an elusive target for sure.  Once found, it's easier to hang on to, but on the flipside, it can also be a tough sonovvabitch to let go of once the motivation continues.  I vow therefore to make my best attempt at doing a better job at letting go and allowing life to drive around a bit more. 

:) Born
    
    

3 comments:

  1. And the more you experiment with 'letting go' the more you'll experience that that's when LIFE really starts... Keep us posted when that happens. The blogs will get really interesting then...
    xoxo
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry my Blogs are not interesting now. I must get on to letting go then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hA! Not what I said, you shit!

    ReplyDelete